By Chris J. Magoc
This four-volume encyclopedia chronicles the historic roots of the U.S.' present army dominance, documenting its progress from continental expansionism to hemispheric hegemony to international empire.
• Overviews the historical past of yank imperialism via chronologically prepared entries which are multidisciplinary, incisively written, and trained by way of the newest scholarship
• Covers matters starting from the fur alternate of the frontier period to latest advanced engagement within the heart East and Africa
• stocks key insights at the intersection of pop culture with the projection of U.S. army power
• comprises history fabric and an intensive number of fundamental files that would support scholars perform serious analyzing, considering, and writing skills
• good points various pictures, illustrations, and sidebars that brighten up the textual content and interact scholars in participatory learning
Read or Download Imperialism and Expansionism in American History [4 volumes]: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection PDF
Similar American Studies books
Born right into a boxing family members, the son of Mexican-born mom and dad, Oscar "the Golden Boy" De l. a. Hoya has lived the yankee Dream—achieving extraordinary good fortune in every little thing from athletics to enterprise, from the recording to various charitable ventures. The winner of six global titles and an Olympic gold medal, he has defeated greater than a dozen global champions and has left a good mark at the recreation of boxing, inspiring many that had all yet given up wish.
The hot YORK TIMES & united states TODAY BESTSELLERIn a compelling, richly researched novel that pulls from millions of letters and unique resources, bestselling authors Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie inform the interesting, untold tale of Thomas Jefferson's eldest daughter, Martha "Patsy" Jefferson Randolph--a lady who saved the secrets and techniques of our so much enigmatic founding father and formed an American legacy.
From John desire Franklin, America's most advantageous African American historian, comes this groundbreaking research of slave resistance and get away. A sweeping landscape of plantation lifestyles ahead of the Civil struggle, this booklet unearths that slaves usually rebelled opposed to their masters and ran clear of their plantations each time they can.
"American Methodist Worship is the main entire heritage of worship between John Wesley's numerous American non secular descendents that has ever been written. it is going to be a foundational ebook for somebody who needs to appreciate how American Methodists have worshipped. "-Sacramental Life"This groundbreaking learn may also help to reshape the best way that we expect approximately early American Methodist worship and the way it connects to newer tendencies.
Extra info for Imperialism and Expansionism in American History [4 volumes]: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection